[comp.windows.x] Applying color resources to private colormaps

wam3090@yak.COM (Bill Massena) (06/08/91)

I have an application which creates a private colormap, and allocates
colors in it.  If I put

		*Background:	wheat

in my resource file, a color cell is reserved in the default colormap, in
a slot which may conflict with an entry in the private colormap.

Is there any way to get the resource color reserved in my private colormap?

	Bill Massena --- wam3090@yak.boeing.com

asente@adobe.com (Paul Asente) (06/11/91)

In article <218@yak.COM> wam3090@yak.COM (Bill Massena) writes:
>I have an application which creates a private colormap, and allocates
>colors in it.  If I put
>
>		*Background:	wheat
>
>in my resource file, a color cell is reserved in the default colormap, in
>a slot which may conflict with an entry in the private colormap.

Not quite.  The color cell is stored in the widget's colormap, whatever it is
at the time the string is converted to a pixel value.  You need to make sure
your colormap is installed in the widget at the very beginning, by specifying
an argument to the creation routine that specifies your private colormap.

	-paul asente
		asente@adobe.com	...decwrl!adobe!asente

    Ratz put a bucket of liquid in front of me.
   "I wanted a glass of docs, Ratz.  What the hell is this?" I barked.
   "Motif don't fit in a glass anymore," he barked back.
    I looked at the liquid.  It was totally opaque to me.