[net.news.group] Problem with mod groups: cross-posting doesn't work.

stv@qantel.UUCP (Steve Vance@ex2499) (10/22/85)

In article <209@l5.uucp> gnu@l5.uucp (John Gilmore) writes:
>I just tried to post a message to "mod.std.c,net.internat".  It didn't work.
>The message was mailed to the mod.std.c moderator and it never made it to
>net.internat.

I'm glad to see this has been partially fixed in 2.10.3.  If you try
this from a 2.10.2 system, it will POST THE ARTICLE to BOTH GROUPS,
even if you aren't the moderator!  At least it will if there is a
non-moderated group first in the list.

This should obviously be fixed so that a copy of the article is mailed
to the moderator of each moderated newsgroup in the newsgroup list, then
THE NAMES OF THE MODERATED GROUPS SHOULD BE REMOVED from the newsgroup
list.  Otherwise, all systems receiving the article that are running
older news software will post to the "mod." groups on their machine as
well as the non-moderated groups.  Hopefully this can be fixed before
2.10.3 is officially released.

Me fix it?  I haven't even gotten my 2.10.3-beta working yet!  You do it!
--

Steve Vance
{dual,hplabs,ihnp4}!qantel!stv