[comp.windows.x] paste and cut editor for gif pictures

dana@rucs.faculty.cs.runet.edu (Dana Eckart) (06/12/91)

I'm looking for a mouse based cut and paste editor I can use with color
gif pictures.  [ What implications does this have for pictures with different
color maps? ]  I'd prefer something that ran under X11, but a sunview or
openwindows editor would be better than nothing.  Unfortunately, tgif doesn't
seem to be quite what I want though.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance...

J Dana Eckart     INTERNET: dana@rucs-gw.runet.edu
                     SNAIL: 15 Grandview Dr/Radford, VA  24141

wetmore@iris.UCDavis.EDU (Brad) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun12.132829.22617@rucs.faculty.cs.runet.edu>,
dana@rucs.faculty.cs.runet.edu (Dana Eckart) writes:
> I'm looking for a mouse based cut and paste editor I can use with color
> gif pictures.  [ What implications does this have for pictures with different
> color maps? ]  I'd prefer something that ran under X11, but a sunview or
> openwindows editor would be better than nothing.  Unfortunately, tgif
doesn't
> seem to be quite what I want though.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

Use the xv program.  Once you have the picture up on the screen, make
a box using the middle mouse button, then use the right button to
bring up the picture editor.  Press the crop button, and then save it.

I have no idea where this program was originally received from, but
I've seen a lot of references to it in this group.  You might
check some back posts of this group.  (Try the file locator server
archie if you want to go the easy way.)

Brad