[net.news] Flames and Bizzarre.Stupid.Garbage

weemba@brahms.UUCP (06/07/86)

This is from some discussions of net.{rumor,suicide} in net.news.group.

In article <348@andromeda.RUTGERS.EDU> marco@andromeda.RUTGERS.EDU writes:
>> Has anyone estimated the percent of postings that are complaints
>
>   Correct.  Complaints about garbage serve to increase the
>garbage factor.  Word games aside, I stand by my stated opinion:
>Some people should be muzzled.			[W RAT]

But who?  People who keep posting to inappropriate newsgroups?  People who
post lies about what other people say?  People who post rampant complaints
about topic X, which turn out on closer inspection to be about about topic
Y?  People who think their sense of humor is holy?  People who use the net
to complain and complain and complain, and then wonder why others are com-
plaining about them, and then complain again?  Feh.

Does the Wiener get to muzzle the Rat, or the Rat the Wiener?

"I've got a little list..."

As it is, I have heard that the new software is putting the equivalent of
KILL files at the site level, so perhaps you will get your wish.  Perhaps
Mr Rat doesn't follow net.news, but when I posted exactly such a request
some months ago, there was absolutely no debate on the topic.  Perhaps we
can get debate this time.  Or at least information about the new software.

 ucbvax!brahms!weemba	     Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA
 If my answers sound confusing, I think they are confusing because the
 questions are confusing, and the situation is confusing and I'm not in
 a position to clarify it.     -Ron Ziegler, former Disneyland employee