[comp.windows.x] ISC extra libraries needed for X386

dvb@emisle.uucp (David Van Beveren) (06/15/91)

In article <558@jahangir.UUCP> wayne@jahangir.UUCP (wayne) writes:

>	I have recently acquired Roell's port of X11R4. Unfortunately,
>when I try to run the X server it complains about not being able to
>find a needed shared library. I can't seem to find the library it needs.
>Has anyone else out there had this problem? If so how did you fix it.
>
>	My hardware is a 386 running Interactive UNIX.
>

>	-Wayne

This should probably be in the X386 release notes (README) which is otherwise
extremely well done. To build X11 programs using either ISC's X11R3 or Roell's
X11R4, you must include the BSD (Sockets) API by including -linet in your link
list. Also, for X386, and possibly for any other X11R4 that uses the /dev/ptmx
'clone' devices, which I can't find any other info on, use -lpt.

In summary, for X386 on ISC (2.0.2 in my case), add
  -linet -lpt
after the -lX11. (It won't work if it is not AFTER the -lX11)

Example: cc -o xwarp xwarp.c -lXt -lX11 -linet -lpt

--
David Van Beveren                           INTERNET: emisle!dvb@ism.isc.com
EIS ltd. Professional Software Services     UUCP:   ..uunet!emisle!dvb