[comp.windows.x] another version of X3270?

<CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (06/11/91)

Anybody knows if there is a version of X3270  which use the same font as xterm,
and you can cut and paste within x3270 and between x3270 and xterm like tn3270
in sunview?Thanks.

root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) (06/11/91)

CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:
>Anybody knows if there is a version of X3270  which use the same font as xterm,
>and you can cut and paste within x3270 and between x3270 and xterm like tn3270
>in sunview?Thanks.

I talked to the x3270 authors months ago...   They said a new version
of x3270 was done and they just had to get GaTech to approve the release
(copyright stuff)...     I don't know what's happened to it...

I have modified the x3270 and added cut-n-paste...    I know it works on
the Sun using OpenWindows, but not sure about anything else...

I'll put a copy of it on this host (fstc-chville.army.mil) that will be
anonymous ftp-able, in subdirectory pub...

Brian
boyter@fstc-chville.army.mil

<CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun11.155412.15690@fstc-chville.army.mil>,
root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) says:

>CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:
>>Anybody knows if there is a version of X3270  which use the same font as     ,
>xterm
>>and you can cut and paste within x3270 and between x3270 and xterm like
>tn3270
>>in sunview?Thanks.
>
>I talked to the x3270 authors months ago...   They said a new version
>of x3270 was done and they just had to get GaTech to approve the release
>(copyright stuff)...     I don't know what's happened to it...
>
>I have modified the x3270 and added cut-n-paste...    I know it works on
>the Sun using OpenWindows, but not sure about anything else...
>
>I'll put a copy of it on this host (fstc-chville.army.mil) that will be
>anonymous ftp-able, in subdirectory pub...

Can you tell me the IP address of your ftp sites?Our workstation only recoga-
nize IP address,and my mail to you was bounced back,so I have to post it.Sorry
to others.

root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) (06/13/91)

CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:

>In article <1991Jun11.155412.15690@fstc-chville.army.mil>,
>root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) says:
>>
>>CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:
>>>Anybody knows if there is a version of X3270  which use the same font as     ,
>>xterm
>>>and you can cut and paste within x3270 and between x3270 and xterm like
>>tn3270
>>>in sunview?Thanks.
>>
>>I talked to the x3270 authors months ago...   They said a new version
>>of x3270 was done and they just had to get GaTech to approve the release
>>(copyright stuff)...     I don't know what's happened to it...
>>
>>I have modified the x3270 and added cut-n-paste...    I know it works on
>>the Sun using OpenWindows, but not sure about anything else...
>>
>>I'll put a copy of it on this host (fstc-chville.army.mil) that will be
>>anonymous ftp-able, in subdirectory pub...
>>

>Can you tell me the IP address of your ftp sites?Our workstation only recoga-
>nize IP address,and my mail to you was bounced back,so I have to post it.Sorry
>to others.

fstc-chville.army.mil = 26.12.0.17

k2@bl.physik.tu-muenchen.de (Klaus Steinberger) (06/13/91)

CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:

>In article <1991Jun11.155412.15690@fstc-chville.army.mil>,
>root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) says:
>>
>>CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:
>>>Anybody knows if there is a version of X3270  which use the same font as     ,
>>xterm
>>>and you can cut and paste within x3270 and between x3270 and xterm like
>>tn3270
>>>in sunview?Thanks.
>>
>>I talked to the x3270 authors months ago...   They said a new version
>>of x3270 was done and they just had to get GaTech to approve the release
>>(copyright stuff)...     I don't know what's happened to it...
>>
>>I have modified the x3270 and added cut-n-paste...    I know it works on
>>the Sun using OpenWindows, but not sure about anything else...
>>
>>I'll put a copy of it on this host (fstc-chville.army.mil) that will be
>>anonymous ftp-able, in subdirectory pub...
>>

>Can you tell me the IP address of your ftp sites?Our workstation only recoga-
>nize IP address,and my mail to you was bounced back,so I have to post it.Sorry
>to others.

Here is the output from host:

k2@woodstock> host fstc-chville.army.mil
fstc-chville.army.mil has address 26.12.0.17
fstc-chville.army.mil mail is handled by FSTC-CHVILLE.ARMY.MIL
k2@woodstock>

Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen
Phone: (+49 89)3209 4287        Hochschulgelaende

root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) writes:

>CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:
>>Anybody knows if there is a version of X3270  which use the same font as xterm,
>>and you can cut and paste within x3270 and between x3270 and xterm like tn3270
>>in sunview?Thanks.

>I talked to the x3270 authors months ago...   They said a new version
>of x3270 was done and they just had to get GaTech to approve the release
>(copyright stuff)...     I don't know what's happened to it...

Is there any version of x3270, which supports the GDDM graphics, like in
a real 3278/9 ?

Sincerely,
Klaus Steinberger

--

wbrand@krishna.shearson.com (Willy Brandsdorfer) (06/17/91)

In article <k2.676822295@woodstock> k2@bl.physik.tu-muenchen.de (Klaus Steinberger) writes:

>   Is there any version of x3270, which supports the GDDM graphics, like in
>   a real 3278/9 ?

IBM TCP/IP supports X window programming (imagine a mainframe client program).
There is an associated GDDMX which will output GDDM graphics to an X display.

William Brandsdorfer            | UUCP:    !uunet!shearson.com!wbrand
Lehman Brothers                 | ARPA:    wbrand@shearson.com
388 Greenwich St.               | Voice:   (212) 464-3835
New York, N.Y. 10013