[net.news] mirror.uucp mirroring postings?

bandy@lll-lcc.UUcp (Andrew Scott Beals) (06/08/86)

I just noticed three repeat messages in net.general - they
all had the right return address, but the message-id and path
were new. They were <3[012]@mirror.mirror.uucp>.

How many repeated messages are we going to get this time?  Let me
guess - mirror runs notes.
--
Amu, ne armu!

Andy Beals
bandy@lll-crg.arpa	{ihnp4,seismo,ll-xn,qantel,pyramid}!lll-crg!bandy
LLNL, P.O. Box 808, Mailstop L-419, Livermore CA 94550 (415) 423-1948

In article <333@lll-lcc.UUcp> bandy@lll-lcc.UUcp (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:
>I just noticed three repeat messages in net.general - they
>all had the right return address, but the message-id and path
>were new. They were <3[012]@mirror.mirror.uucp>.
>
>How many repeated messages are we going to get this time?  Let me
>guess - mirror runs notes.
>
>Andy Beals 	{ihnp4,seismo,ll-xn,qantel,pyramid}!lll-crg!bandy

Well, I count 37 so far, mostly to net.general with a few net.announce
and and I think maybe one net.politics terror.

And yes, by their own admission, mirror is a notes site...

Perhaps a little note to mirror!usenet or is that mirror!notes will help.

--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr

taylor@hplabsc.UUCP (Dave Taylor) (06/09/86)

>How many repeated messages are we going to get this time?  Let me
>guess - mirror runs notes.

	As someone who is slavishly tied to the 'notes' way

	As someone who is slavishly tied to the 'notes' way of
  doing things (Greg, did you get

	As someone who is slavishly tied to the 'notes' way of
  doing things (Greg, did you get distributed 'rn' up

	As someone who is slavishly tied to the 'notes' way of
  doing things (Greg, did you get distributed 'rn' up yet???)  I
  resent

	As someone who is slavishly tied to the 'notes' way of
  doing things (Greg, did you get distributed 'rn' up yet???)  I
  resent this posting!!!

(Uh oh... looks like another notes problem!!)

			(I hope people see the HUMOUR in this!)

				-- Dave "NOT Unknown@hplabs" Taylor

				   taylor@hplabs  -or-  hplabs!taylor

barada@applicon.UUCP (06/12/86)

	Yes, mirror is a notes site, but Rich Salz just put
up news so he could be moderator of mod.sources.

	I think it's more than just notes, but an interaction
of news/notes.

Peter Barada
{ihnp4|decvax}!ima!applicon!barada