[comp.windows.x] Debugger?

ggovind@uceng.UC.EDU (Girish Govind) (06/18/91)

Can some X-pert reading this newsgroup  please tell me about what
debuggers are available for C under X windows. Something like
dbxtool under Sunview perhaps?

Thank you.

				Girish Govind
				(ggovind@uceng.uc.edu)

dana@dino.bellcore.com (Dana A. Chee) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun18.122555.8967@uceng.UC.EDU>, ggovind@uceng.UC.EDU (Girish Govind) writes:
|> Can some X-pert reading this newsgroup  please tell me about what
|> debuggers are available for C under X windows. Something like
|> dbxtool under Sunview perhaps?
|>
|> Thank you.
|>

|> 				Girish Govind
|> 				(ggovind@uceng.uc.edu)

The nicest one I've seen so far is ups (available anon ftp from
export.lcs.mit.edu).  It is integrated with X (as opposed to the front
end arrangement of dbxtool/xdbx/xgdb/etc.) and was designed by someone
who actually debugged code (nifty features like "run to here" without
having to set a breakpoint and then later delete it).

--
+*************************************************************************+
*  Dana Chee				(201) 829-4488			  *

garyn@cadence.com (Gary Nunn) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun18.122555.8967@uceng.UC.EDU> ggovind@uceng.UC.EDU (Girish Govind) writes:
>Can some X-pert reading this newsgroup  please tell me about what
>debuggers are available for C under X windows. Something like
>dbxtool under Sunview perhaps?

If you have "OpenWindows" you should have the X-Version of dbxtool.
It would be located in $OPENWINHOME/bin/xview/dbxtool.

	Gary Nunn
	garyn@cadence.com