[comp.windows.x] X server for Macintosh?

gene@nynexst.com (Gene Miller) (06/20/91)

Are there any good X servers for the Macintosh?
I am using system 6.0.5 of the Mac Operating System.
I have tried White Pine's eXodus and have found it to
be unnecessarily hostile to the Mac. And buggy and slow.

Gene Miller

mayoff@cs.utexas.edu (Robert Mayoff) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun20.005532.5944@nynexst.com> gene@nynexst.com (Gene Miller) writes:
>Are there any good X servers for the Macintosh?
>I am using system 6.0.5 of the Mac Operating System.

How about MacX?  It's from Apple, and runs under Mac OS, not (at least, not
necessarily) under A/UX.  I haven't used it, so I can't vouch for its
usefulness.

rob
--
/_  rob		<mayoff@cs.utexas.edu>
 /_ Fun things to do with UNIX (#118 in a series):

cwy@bksmel.oz.au (Chris Young) (06/25/91)

I have used MacX - it's very good. Try it.