[comp.windows.x] Night/Day program

anthony@gucis.sct.gu.edu.au (Anthony Thyssen) (06/25/91)

Has anyone seen a program which produces a small window with the
map of the world in it, that shows the areas of the world that is in
night (inverted) and those that is in day.
  I have seen these maps around, but not under X.

Please send all mail to comp.windows.x as I beleive others would be
interested.

  Anthony Thyssen - (Dragon Computing)          anthony@dragon.sct.gu.edu.au
             We only think, that computers think, we think!

richard@mungarra.asis.unimelb.edu.au (Richard Begg) (06/25/91)

anthony@gucis.sct.gu.edu.au (Anthony Thyssen) writes:

>Has anyone seen a program which produces a small window with the
>map of the world in it, that shows the areas of the world that is in
>night (inverted) and those that is in day.
>  I have seen these maps around, but not under X.

>Please send all mail to comp.windows.x as I beleive others would be
>interested.

It is called sunclock, and I assume it is on export.lcs.mit.edu in /contrib
(I have seen it on several other X11 archives.)

Richard Begg (richard@asis.unimelb.edu.au)
Programmer ASIS/ITS - University of Melbourne

tkacik@hobbes.cs.gmr.com (Tom Tkacik CS/50) (06/25/91)

In article <richard.677827774@mungarra>,
richard@mungarra.asis.unimelb.edu.au (Richard Begg) writes:
|> anthony@gucis.sct.gu.edu.au (Anthony Thyssen) writes:
|>
|> >Has anyone seen a program which produces a small window with the
|> >map of the world in it, that shows the areas of the world that is in
|> >night (inverted) and those that is in day.

|> It is called sunclock, and I assume it is on export.lcs.mit.edu in /contrib
|> (I have seen it on several other X11 archives.)

I have a little problem with sunclock.  On my Sun IPC running OpenWindows,
sunclock shows day as black and night as white.  The time at the bottom is
fine, so it's not a case of an errant colormap.

Any clues as to the cause of this?
(The clock is right, so that's not the problem.)

--
Tom Tkacik
GM Research Labs