[comp.windows.x] sharedX

jfp@thumper.bellcore.com (John F. Patterson) (07/08/88)

In an earlier article on window sharing in X Keith Lantz writes:

> The group at HP is led by Phil Gust.  Several groups other than HP have
> also implemented variations on these features by now -- including my own, a
> group led by Phil Janssen at MCC, and a group led by Sid Ahuja at Bell
> Labs.  These groups (and others) are even trying to work together somewhat,
> hopefully to the greater glory of everyone.  Further information can
> probably be obtained by sending to "sharedx@expo.lcs.mit.edu"; that list
> could use some traffic!

Keith Lantz has correctly noted the presence of a mailing group for
discussions related to synchronous conferencing systems using X.
The address is incorrect, however.  The last I heard the correct address
is "sharedx@itsgw.rpi.edu".  I don't think we accepted MIT's offer to
maintain the list.

jfp
----
John F. Patterson                 Phone:     (201) 829-4745
Bellcore                          Internet:  jfp@thumper.bellcore.com
445 South St., MRE 2A-273
Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07960-1910

rabbit@houvmscc.iinus1.ibm.COM (12/14/90)

Has anyone gotten SharedX to work on their machines?

I am having trouble with the install of Altenhofen's SharedX software
on a SPARC runing 11.4 connected to a tcp/ip network.

I am getting an error of undefined symbol _denet_conn while
trying to make ShXbridge.

Any body got an idea of what's wrong?

Bill Kossack (rabbit@houvmscc.iinus1.ibm.com)

powers@parc.xerox.COM (Michael Powers) (06/11/91)

Hi all,

  That's right, I'm munging around with shX off the contrib tape. Anyone
done the dirty work for R4 and/or Openwin2.0? Any other extension work
of interest re: sharing windows. (I'm aware of HPs' product along these
lines).

Mike

ix@cosmo.UUCP (Redaktion ix) (06/21/91)

Does anyone have information about SharedX,
showed by Hewlett Packard at the Xhibition in San Jose.

Please repply to
js @ix.de

Juergen Seeger
iX editords bureau
Editor-in-chief

byrnes@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (John Byrnes) (06/27/91)

> Does anyone have information about SharedX,
> showed by Hewlett Packard at the Xhibition in San Jose.
>
> Please repply to
> js @ix.de
>
> Juergen Seeger
> iX editords bureau
> Editor-in-chief

Juergen,
         I tried e-mail, but my system can't seem to find you....

For information on HP SharedX you can contact your local HP Sales Office
for product and high-level technical information.  If you want some other
type of information, you may also contact Randy Branson at rjb@fc.hp.com
or Hewlett-Packard, 3404 Harmony Road, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80525

John