[comp.windows.x] Xpostit Color

greg@enterprise.Sun.COM (Greg George - Sun Project Development Manager - Midwest ) (06/26/91)

Dudes and Dudettes;
	Is there a way to get the notes that xpostit produces
to be yellow? I have tried the built in hooks through
.Xdefaults to no avail. I can get the main plaid icon
to color properly, but not the notes. Does anyone have
a .Xdefaults entry they can post here that I can put
into mine?? I am running SunOS 4.1.1 with OpenWindows V2.

Thanks!

greg

dj@ctron.com (DJ Delorie) (06/27/91)

In article <5509@texsun.Central.Sun.COM>, greg@enterprise.Sun.COM (Greg George - Sun Project Development Manager - Midwest ) writes:
> 	Is there a way to get the notes that xpostit produces
> to be yellow? I have tried the built in hooks through
> .Xdefaults to no avail. I can get the main plaid icon
> to color properly, but not the notes. Does anyone have
> a .Xdefaults entry they can post here that I can put
> into mine?? I am running SunOS 4.1.1 with OpenWindows V2.

Here's what I've got:

# Xpostit
Xpostit*Command*font:   7x13bold
Xpostit*Menu*font:      *Courier-bold-r*--14*
Xpostit*Text*font:      7x13bold
Xpostit*Background:        grey95
Xpostit*Foreground:        black
Xpostit*Plaid*Background:       Black
Xpostit*Plaid*Foreground:       #fedc54

# pencil  -------pens-------
# grey20, blue4, black, red3
Xpostit*Text*Foreground:       grey20
Xpostit*Text*background:       #fedc54

Xpostit*Text*wrap:              word
#Xpostit*Command*shapeStyle:    oval
Xpostit*input:                  true

Note that the backgrounds were chosen to match a real Post-It (tm),
hence the strange values.  The foregrounds listed were chosen to match
actual writing implements.  I'm not sure what the all of the resources
are for, but I listed everything I had.

DJ
dj@ctron.com

don@atlantis.coral.COM (Don Dewar) (06/27/91)

I tried to mail this directly, but it bounced.  Please include your
email address with you message.  The return path is not always reliable.

) Date: 26 Jun 91 14:54:25 GMT
) From: uunet!enterprise.sun.com!greg (Greg George - Sun Project Development Manager - Midwest )
) Subject: Xpostit Color
) Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
) Sender: uunet!expo.lcs.mit.edu!xpert-request
) To: xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu
)
) Dudes and Dudettes;
) 	Is there a way to get the notes that xpostit produces
) to be yellow? I have tried the built in hooks through
) .Xdefaults to no avail. I can get the main plaid icon
) to color properly, but not the notes. Does anyone have
) a .Xdefaults entry they can post here that I can put
) into mine?? I am running SunOS 4.1.1 with OpenWindows V2.
)
) Thanks!
)
) greg
)
)

Here is what I do.

Mwm*postItNote*clientDecoration:        none
Mwm*postItNote*iconImageBackground:     LemonChiffon
Mwm*postItNote*iconImageForeground:     DarkSlateBlue
Mwm*xpostit*clientDecoration:           none
Mwm*xpostit*iconImageBackground:        black
Mwm*xpostit*iconImageForeground:        red
postItNote*background:                  LemonChiffon
postItNote*foreground:                  DarkSlateBlue
xpostit*background:                     red

I believe postItNote*background is the one you are interested in.

  | Coral   |
  |@@*@@**@@|     Don Dewar
  |*@@**@@@@|     Coral Network Corporation, Marlborough, MA
  |@***@@@@@|     Internet: don@coral.com