[comp.os.minix] MINIX in Z-158

anderson@uwmacc.UUCP (Jess Anderson) (01/18/87)

This is essentially a reporting of a question put earlier in
comp.sys.ibm.pc after a snafu with trying to mail directly to Andy:

Does anybody know if the Zenith-158 is among the machines on which
MINIX has been tested and found to run?
--
==ARPA:==============anderson@unix.macc.wisc.edu===Jess Anderson======
| UUCP: {harvard,seismo,topaz,    (avoid ihnp4!)   1210 W. Dayton    |

jkg@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Jim Greenlee) (01/18/87)

In article <907@uwmacc.UUCP> anderson@uwmacc.UUCP (Jess Anderson) writes:
>Does anybody know if the Zenith-158 is among the machines on which
>MINIX has been tested and found to run?

I don't know about the Z-158, but I'm interested in finding out if it will
run on an AT&T PC 6300. Perhaps someone could post a list of the computers
which MINIX is known to run and not run on.

Also, there has been some discussion as to whether the B. Dalton stores will
order the book for you. My experience (this past Friday, Jan. 16) was that
they were more than happy to order it for me. I just used the "I'm a dumb
customer and don't know any better" approach (you know, "I looked for it on
the shelf and it wasn't there - could I possibly order it?.....").

Apparently they are still awaiting shipment from the warehouses, but the
clerk said I could reserve one of the copies that the store was due to get.

						Jim Greenlee
--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!