[comp.os.minix] Clarification Re: Prentice-Hall's Return Policy

tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) (01/21/87)

<*>
I really *must* be more clear on these points.......

In article <1223@whuts.UUCP>, tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) writes:
> In article <7318@elsie.UUCP>, ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) writes:
> >
> > Let's say I purchase UNIX, only to find that my IBM/AT-clone falls
> > in the percentage of machines that UNIX would not run on.  Will AT&T
> > graciously accept the return of the software?
>
> AT&T sells UNIX (tm) only for its UNIX (tm) PCs, 3B1, 3700,
> 3B2, and the AT&T 6300+.

I received the following, demonstrating a glaring hole in
my counter (part of which is above):

*You write: "AT&T only sells UNIX for the [6300+,7300,3B2]"
*What about the PDP-11/44, PDP-11/70, VAX 750, VAX 780, VAX 785,
*3B20, 3B5, 3B15, SystemV/VME, Amdahl UTS, the various Motorola-
*and Intel-ports that you need AT&T licenses for, etc?

To clarify, the *original* context of this discussion was
IBM PC/XT/AT and various and sundry clones.  I erred when I
took up the cudgel in not similarly restricting the context.

Now, *within the context* my offer to research any AT&T
UNIX (tm) Product Announcement *sent to me* still stands.

(Thanks for the assist)
--
    -----                   Terry Sterkel
  -====----            AT&T Bell Laboratories