[net.news] UUCP -> BITNET transfer?

lenny@helm.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) (06/17/86)

To anyone out there who has some knowledge
on transfering mail to a BITNET site from
a UUCP site:

	Is there a shell script out there for the headers?
What nodes are mailers to the BITNET network? How
are the headers in the mail message set up?
What is the mailing protocol?  Please let me know!

      Write to me:
      ...philabs!sbcs!helm!lenny

		Thanx!!

othello@tesla.UUCP (Mystery) (06/24/86)

In a recent article lenny@helm.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) wrote:
>To anyone out there who has some knowledge
>on transfering mail to a BITNET site from
>a UUCP site:
>
>	Is there a shell script out there for the headers?
>What nodes are mailers to the BITNET network? How
>are the headers in the mail message set up?
>What is the mailing protocol?  Please let me know!
>
>      Write to me:
>      ...philabs!sbcs!helm!lenny
>
>		Thanx!!

	I am sorry to post this to the whole net, but our uucp mail
is a bit irregular these days.  I have written a shell script that allows
network news to be automatically forwarded to any "mail" site bboard.
It will probably solve your problem. If there is enough intrest, I will
post the script, if not I will mail it to you directly.

					-Michael Culbert

						othello@tesla.ee.cornell.edu

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (07/06/86)

In article <1003@tesla.UUCP> othello@tesla.ee.cornell.edu writes:
>In a recent article lenny@helm.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) wrote:
>>To anyone out there who has some knowledge
>>on transfering mail to a BITNET site from
>>a UUCP site:

How does one go about routing mail from a BITNET site to a UUCP site?
Who's the gateway for this?

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

Kentucky: The state that needs Japan to bring it into the 20th century.

"Goodnight M.A."