[comp.os.minix] Minix for the 68K

macphed@sask.UUCP (01/27/87)

I see that Minix is being ported to the ST. Is there any interest out
there in a Minix port to the Amiga? I would like to indicate my own
interest in see Minix up and running on the good old  A1000 myself.

While I'm not exactly a UNIX fan, and am definitely an Amiga FANATIC,
I can see that there are quite a few advantages to having a UNIX-like
o.s. over Amiga-DOS.

If there are other Amigans out there who also want to get Minix for the
Amiga, please make yourselves heard.
Ian.

wilkes@beatnix.UUCP (01/31/87)

In article <592@sask.UUCP> macphed@sask.UUCP (Ian MacPhedran) writes:
>I see that Minix is being ported to the ST. Is there any interest out
>there in a Minix port to the Amiga? I would like to indicate my own
>interest in see Minix up and running on the good old  A1000 myself.
[...]
>If there are other Amigans out there who also want to get Minix for the
>Amiga, please make yourselves heard.

According to a previous posting, there is an effort to port Minix to the
Amiga going on.  Contact them at amiga-minix-request@ulowell.uucp.
I too would love to have minix on my good old A1000, but unfortunately I
do not have the time to do any of the work involved.  I'd sure use it
if somebody else ported it, though ;-).  (u out there, ulowell?)
John Wilkes --- UUCP: {your.favorite.net.path}!sun!elxsi!wilkes
                USPS: ELXSI Ltd., 2334 Lundy Pl., San Jose, CA 95131
                BELL: (408) 942-0900
"I go on working for the same reason a hen goes on laying eggs." -H. L. Mencken

vanam@pttesac.UUCP (02/01/87)

I too vote for a port of Minix to the Amiga.