[comp.os.minix] Long included articles

merlin@hqda-ai.UUCP (02/07/87)

In article <299@netxcom.UUCP>, beattie@netxcom.UUCP (Brian Beattie) writes:

     [ 43 lines of included material deleted ]

> Actually if you arange your code so data follows (which MINIX does)
> since all jumps/calls/rets (except the long vesion) are CS:OFFSET
> you may jump into your data, but not outside of your process space.

     [ 6 lines of signature deleted ]

     Brian's article showed on my system as 52 lines.  3 lines
were his comments to 43 lines of material from previous articles.
Brian made a valid point, but I had to scan (and pay to transmit)
two screenfuls of STUFF I'VE ALREADY READ just to get to his
information.

     I cite Brian's article here as a convenient example, but I've
seen a lot of this, and I don't want anyone to think I'm picking
on Brian in particular.

     If you post a followup, you SHOULD edit out everything that
you're not making specific comment about.  You don't even have to
include the original article at all!  The news software puts a
References line in the header.  In case you reader didn't see the
original, its still possible to go back and find it later.

     Please, folks, lets clean up our postings.
--
	David S. Hayes, The Merlin of Avalon
	PhoneNet:	(202) 694-6900