[comp.os.minix] Make KB5151 alternate keypad usable

hgm@beta.UUCP (Harry McGavran) (05/11/87)

If one wants to take advantage of the KB5151 alternate keypad one has
to implement the shift function in conjuction with the numlock function.
This seems to have been left out of tty.c  I also noticed there is
a typo or two in the lookup tables for the keyboard. These need to
be fixed for the KB5151 alternate keypad to do its best.

The following line numbers are those used in the book.

Change line 3460 from

,0261,  0262,0263,0,0177

,0261,	0262,0263,0260,0177

Change line 3470 from

 '2','3','0',177

 '2','3','0','.'

By the way, the '177' that was in line 3470 was probably meant to
have been '0177' and was probably a typo in the distribution as well
as the book.

Change line 3717 from

	if (c > 70 && numlock) code = sh[c];    /* numlock depressed */

	/* implement numlock and shift-numlock */
	if (c > 70 && numlock) code = (shift1 || shift2 ? unsh[c] : sh[c]);

As I usually do, I make no claim for the suitability of these changes for
anything.

Hopefully your KB5151 or similar keyboard will be more useful though.

Harry McGavran
hgm@LANL.GOV
Los Alamos National Laboratory
MS-B294, Group C-8
Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545
505/667-4050

hgm@beta.UUCP (05/11/87)

Speaking of typos, in my original posting I wrote:

>Change line 3717 from
>            ^^^^
>        if (c > 70 && numlock) code = sh[c];    /* numlock depressed */

>        /* implement numlock and shift-numlock */
>        if (c > 70 && numlock) code = (shift1 || shift2 ? unsh[c] : sh[c]);

The line number should be 3712, NOT 3717!  When editing these changes
in, you were likely to catch this, but just to make sure I am posting this.