[comp.os.minix] ARC

LISSE%DACTH51.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Eberhard W. Lisse) (07/20/87)

Hi,

I have the C sources for ARC512 supposed to run on System5. Would anybody
be interested to hack it up for minix ?

regards, el

hyc@umix.cc.umich.edu (Howard Chu) (07/23/87)

In article <368@louie.udel.EDU> LISSE%DACTH51.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Eberhard W. Lisse) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I have the C sources for ARC512 supposed to run on System5. Would anybody
>be interested to hack it up for minix ?
>
>regards, el

I've hacked up ARC 5.20 to run on Berkeley Unix as well. A patch is also
available to allow ARC to UnSquash archives created with the PKARC Squashing.
I'm already considering munging mine up for Minix. Oh yeah, and I'm also
considering a kludge to allow ARC to store files with names up to 255
characters long on Unix systems. Any opinions?

--
  -- Howard Chu
UUCP:	...!seismo!umix!hyc