[comp.os.minix] More problems...

KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (07/23/87)

Date: 23 July 1987, 10:40:56 PST
From: Kevin J. Burnett          x3330                KJBSF    at SLACVM
To:   INFO-MINIX at UDEL.EDU
Subject: More problems...

What is really strange about this 'cc' problem is that the whole thing
worked perfectly on the AT that it was running on before I put it on the XT.

What's more, just a few minutes ago I booted minix and voila`,

Unrecoverable disk error on device 3/2, block 1
/dev/hd2: not a valid file system

plus a whole bunch of errors for 3/3...

AGGGGGHHH!!!! What has this thing done to my hard disk? I had never had any
problems with the drive or controller before I tried to get minix to work
on it... (I did, by the way, replace the at_wini.c with xt_wini.c before I
tried to get it running on the XT)

This is really getting to be too much to handle; it would drive anybody mad
after a while...
---
Kevin J. Burnett
KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU