[comp.os.minix] applying minix 1.2 diffs

CCBW001@uta3081.cc.utexas.edu (BOB.GUSTWICK) (07/14/87)

i've tried to apply the minix 1.2 diffs, but fix continues to tell
me that it can't open the first file!  anyone else experience this?
both cat and more seem to be able to open the files that fix has
problems with...   this appears to be a normal fopen...

also, where are the headers for blocksize.h and pwd.h???

finally, where there any changes to the run-time libraries from
minix 1.1 to 1.2???  none were distributed...

...bob

klock@mitre-bedford.ARPA (Kent J. Lockhart) (07/23/87)

In article <340@louie.udel.EDU> CCBW001@uta3081.cc.utexas.edu (BOB.GUSTWICK) writes:
>i've tried to apply the minix 1.2 diffs, but fix continues to tell
>me that it can't open the first file!  anyone else experience this?
>both cat and more seem to be able to open the files that fix has
>problems with...   this appears to be a normal fopen...

I solved this problem by changing the size of LINELEN to 128 from 1024!