[comp.os.minix] problems with shar files

kurfurst@utgpu.UUCP (07/21/87)

Following the creation of a shar file as in

	shar *.c > test.shar

any attempts to unbundle the shar'd file as suggested in The Book

	sh < test.shar

results in the error message: "out of string space".

Has no one else experienced this problem? If you have or if it has been already
discussed and I missed it could someone please send me a quick fix to this
problem. By the way, I have incorporated the various sh.* fixes already.

________

       Thomas Kurfurst

                ...{decvax,ihnp4,utcsri,{allegra,linus}!utzoo}!utcs!kurfurst

--

________

zemon@felix.UUCP (Art Zemon) (07/23/87)

In article <1987Jul21.150152.19639@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> kurfurst@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Tom Kurfurst) writes:

>any attempts to unbundle the shar'd file as suggested in The Book
>
>	sh < test.shar
>
>results in the error message: "out of string space".

This is fixed in v1.2.

	-- Art Z.
--
	-- Art Zemon