[net.news] Netnews on IBM-AT running Xenix?

dcj@sun.UUCP (08/14/86)

I friend of mine wants to get netnews up and running
on an IBM-AT running Xenix.  Is this possible?
If so, where can I get the netnews software?
Please respond by email.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Don Jackson

djackson@sun.com
{decwrl, ihnp4, ucbvax}!sun!djackson

glenn@c3pe.UUCP (D. Glenn Arthur Jr.) (09/13/86)

In article <6158@sun.uucp>, dcj@sun.uucp (Don Jackson) writes:
> I friend of mine wants to get netnews up and running
> on an IBM-AT running Xenix.  Is this possible?

I have a similar question.  I have been trying to get news to compile
on an Intel 310 running Xenix 286 3.0, without success.  Any clues?

					D. Glenn Arthur Jr.
					..!seismo!dolqci!hqhomes!glenn

james@osi3b2.UUCP (James R. Van Artsdalen) (09/21/86)

In article <255@c3pe.UUCP>, glenn@c3pe.UUCP (D. Glenn Arthur Jr.) writes:
> In article <6158@sun.uucp>, dcj@sun.uucp (Don Jackson) writes:
> > I friend of mine wants to get netnews up and running
> > on an IBM-AT running Xenix.  Is this possible?
>
> I have a similar question.  I have been trying to get news to compile
> on an Intel 310 running Xenix 286 3.0, without success.  Any clues?

I have implemented the 2.10.3 B version of the usenet software on an IBM XT.
If it can be done on an XT it can be done on anything.  There were a lot
of minor changes to be made to get it to work.  I do not have the machine this
was done on nor do I have direct access to the source right now since the
machine in mind is down with a failed hard disk.

Anyone wanting the changed files from the standard release can send me mail and
I will put the stuff together once ahxenix is back up and get it to you
somehow...  In the meantime you can ask questions of me or Bob Leffler who
owns ahxenix, temporarily at ...!ihnp4!mb2c!fmsrl7!cideq3!bob.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!ut-ngp!utastro!osi3b2!james    Live Free or Die