[comp.os.minix] This is short...

erhoogerbeet@watmath.UUCP (08/03/87)

A few notes:
I think we need another news group: comp.sources.minix
or something similar. It is getting hard to sift through all the
discussions to find the sources, and the 1.2 updates, etc.

Waterloo undergrads will be kept from posting in Sept. (10-15 people
who read comp.os.minix)

Also, Andy, even though minix is still in development I am greatful
there is an alternative to messy dos. Keep up the good work!

Opinions anyone?

------ ---------               ------------------------------------------
erhoogerbeet@watmath.uucp       "Life's not all it's cracked up to be."
ehoogerbeets@wateuler.uucp                               -H. Dumpty
Edwin (Deepthot)
Hoogerbeets

dwd@sfsup.UUCP (David W. Dougherty) (08/04/87)

In article <14160@watmath.waterloo.edu> erhoogerbeet@watmath.waterloo.edu (Edwin (Deepthot)) writes:
>A few notes:
>I think we need another news group: comp.sources.minix
>or something similar. It is getting hard to sift through all the
>discussions to find the sources, and the 1.2 updates, etc.

I agree.  I, too, am frustrated by the fact that I can't always find
the current MINIX sources.  I second the motion.

+----------------------------------------------+----------------------------+
|David W. Dougherty @                          | EMAIL:...!ihnp4!attunix!dwd|
|                                              | SMAIL:  82 Arlington Avenue|
|    *   *****   *****                         |         Hawthorne, NJ 07506|
|   * *    *   *   *     BELL   LABORATORIES   | PHONE:     201/423-3139 (H)|
|  *   *   *  ***  *                           |            201/522-6241 (W)|
|*       * *       *         | "TO BE, OR...OH SH*T, I FORGOT!"-R. WILLIAMS"|
|The views expressed in this news posting are not necessarily the views of  |
|my employer, my family, my clergyman, my friends, or my dog. -- DWD        |