[comp.os.minix] new reboot from klib88.s

myxm@beta.UUCP (Mike Mitchell) (08/08/87)

the new reboot code from ast's latest klib88.s posting does not
work properly for me. i am using an ibm/xt (true blue) with the
western digital controller. has anyone else experienced this
problem?

mike mitchell
myxm@lanl.gov
...!cmcl2!lanl!myxm

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (08/09/87)

In article <8660@beta.UUCP> myxm@beta.UUCP (Mike Mitchell) writes:
>the new reboot code from ast's latest klib88.s posting does not
>work properly for me. i am using an ibm/xt (true blue) with the
>western digital controller. has anyone else experienced this
>problem?
Did you also use the 1.2 version of bootblok.s?  The old version trashed
low core; the new one doesn't.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

japplega@csm9a.UUCP (Joe Applegate) (08/11/87)

>>the new reboot code from ast's latest klib88.s posting does not
>>work properly for me. i am using an ibm/xt (true blue) with the
>>western digital controller. has anyone else experienced this
>>problem?
>Did you also use the 1.2 version of bootblok.s?  The old version trashed
>low core; the new one doesn't.
>
>Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

Did you post the code for 1.2 bootblok.s???? If so I never saw it!!!

    Joe Applegate - Colorado School of Mines Computing Center
            {seismo, hplabs}!hao!isis!csm9a!japplega
                              or
 SYSOP @ M.O.M. AI BBS - (303) 273-3989 - 300/1200/2400 8-N-1 24 hrs.

       *** UNIX is a philosophy, not an operating system ***
 *** BUT it is a registered trademark of AT&T, so get off my back ***