[comp.os.minix] MINIX sources from PH

philip@axis.UUCP (08/29/87)

At the January UNIFORUM meeting in Washington I ordered the minix
sources on both tape and discs.

About three weeks later we received the invoice, which was paid.

At USENIX in Pheonix I asked at the PH hall stand about my sources ....
They said "August at the latest". This weekend marks the end of August.

I really do think that 8 MONTHS is a bit long to wait !!!!!

Am I alone, or are there others out there who are STILL WAITING for PH ?

Philip

sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu.UUCP (09/01/87)

In article <288@axis.fr> philip@axis.fr (Philip Peake) writes:

>Am I alone, or are there others out there who are STILL WAITING for PH ?

I ordered, waited over a month, and called.  They said it was back ordered,
and wouldn't give me a shipping date.  I called back a couple says later
after finding a copy locally, and they told me they had shipped it that
morning.  Bull.  That was 3 weeks ago.  I got it today and the postmark was
the 25th.  I'm sending it back.

Fred Sullivan
Department of Mathematical Sciences
State University of New York at Binghamton
Binghamton, New York  13903
Email: sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu