[comp.os.minix] looking for errata on Tanenbaum book

I am going to be taking an operating systems class this fall using Andy
Tanenbaum's book _Operating_Systems:_Design_and_Implementation_.  Has anyone
compiled a list of errata (corrections of misprints, unintended errors, etc.)
for this book, who would be willing to send it to me?  (For a paper list, I
would be glad to reimburse copying and mailing costs.)

My copy of the book shows "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3" on the copyright page, if it
makes a difference as to which printing.  My first impression of the book
itself is that it seems to be a very good quality text so maybe there won't
be many errata (other than in Minix itself, which as traffic on this group
shows is still in the evolutionary process :-) ).  But I'd appreciate knowing
about any truly major problems ahead of time.

Many thanks in advance.
Please email if you can (email address is in signature).

Dan (soon I'll have hacking cultured out of me :-) ) Levy
--
|------------Dan Levy------------|  Path: ..!{akgua,homxb,ihnp4,ltuxa,mvuxa,
|--------Skokie, Illinois--------|

fox@daemen.uucp (Merlin) (09/16/87)

In article <1899@ttrdc.UUCP>, levy@ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
> .....  Has anyone
> compiled a list of errata (corrections of misprints, unintended errors, etc.)
> for this book, who would be willing to send it to me?  (For a paper list, I
> would be glad to reimburse copying and mailing costs.)
>
>   But I'd appreciate knowing about any truly major problems ahead of time.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> Please email if you can (email address is in signature).

    I to would like to know about them.

			Dave Fox

UUCP : decvax!sunybcs!daemen!fox
       inhp4!kitty!daemen!fox