[comp.os.minix] compiling

billa@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Anderson) (09/17/87)

Help!

I wanted to try and recompile mined to resemble emacs, but before
I did I recompiled the original mined.  The result was an a.out
that locked up the system (PC6300+ with 20M seagate).  I used the
following approach:

	1)  copied h files into the directory
	2)  made sure /usr/include and /usr/lib were ok
	3)  empty /tmp, and execute cc -c mined*.c
	4)  remove cep and cmm from /lib, execute cc mined*.s

Everything seemed to work fine, but the a.out hangs the system
and requires a reboot.  Any suggestions?  Thanx in advance.

				Bill Anderson
				...ihnp4!ihlpl!billa

billa@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Anderson) (09/18/87)

In article <2701@ihlpl.ATT.COM>, billa@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Anderson) writes:
> Help!
>
> I wanted to try and recompile mined to resemble emacs, but before
> I did I recompiled the original mined.  The result was an a.out
> that locked up the system (PC6300+ with 20M seagate).  I used the
> following approach:
.
.
.
> Everything seemed to work fine, but the a.out hangs the system
> and requires a reboot.  Any suggestions?  Thanx in advance.
>
> 				Bill Anderson
> 				...ihnp4!ihlpl!billa

I received a suggestion in regards to chmem.  I already tried
that.  Let me add that the executable file has gone from about
17.6 kB to 21+ kB.  Sound peculiar to me, does it prompt any
more suggestions?

				Bill Anderson