[comp.os.minix] Version 1.2??

SWG.LPRESS@c.isi.edu (Laurence I. Press) (10/07/87)

I keep hearing about version 1.2, yet Prentice Hall says its not yet
out.  Where did all you people get version 1.2?  Should I worry about
upgrading from 1.1?
Lar
-------

daveb@laidbak.UUCP (Dave Burton) (10/09/87)

In article <567@louie.udel.EDU> SWG.LPRESS@c.isi.edu (Laurence I. Press) writes:
>I keep hearing about version 1.2, yet Prentice Hall says its not yet
>out.  Where did all you people get version 1.2?  Should I worry about
>upgrading from 1.1?

Ditto question one.
Where can I get the 1.2 stuff?
--
--------------------"Well, it looked good when I wrote it"---------------------
 Verbal: Dave Burton                        Net: ...!ihnp4!laidbak!daveb

NU070156@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Glen Overby) (10/12/87)

There are two archive sites for Minix sources. Enclosed below are
introductions to both.

messages on Bitnet, or by mail from any other reachable network. Some
possible addresses are:

        Bitnet: listserv@ndsuvm1
        Internet: listserv%ndsuvm1.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu (wiscvm dies Dec 1)
        UUCP: psuvax1!ndsuvm1.bitnet!listserv

    **NOTE*** the UUCP gateway at PSUVAX1 appears to violate some rule of
    RFC822 which listserv does not like being violated (duplicate 'From:'
    lines). If possible, use a different gateway; otherwise expect a nasty
    letter from NDSUVM1's postmaster, if anything.  I am interested in hearing
    from anybody on on UUCP or a Bitnet Unix machine who does successfully
    receive anything from listserv.

The body of your message contains the commands to the server. To obtain
a list of the files in the Minix arvhives, issue the command:

        INDEX MINIX

or just INDEX for a list of all available file lists.

Files are retrieved with the 'GET' command:

        GET MORE INFO MINIX

to get the file "MORE INFO" from the group "MINIX".

For a complete list of information on the listserv:

        INFO ?

Due to the 80-character per line (punched card) limit on Bitnet mail, many of
the files will be shipped using an encoding scheme that allows logical lines
to be split up into many physical lines.  The default for going to other
networks is "Listserv Punch". It can be obtained from the file 'MISC LPUN'.
This file should traverse networks encoded.

Please direct all comments and questions about this archive to me at
NU070156@ndsuvm1.bitnet

Glen Overby

--------------------------

Subject: archive service on bugs.nosc.mil
Date: 20 May 87 19:22:17 GMT

An archive retrieval service for old comp.os.minix articles is set
up on bugs.nosc.mil using E-mail.  Everything available to anonymous
FTP in directory pub/Minix can be obtained by sending a mailed request
to minix-server@bugs.nosc.mil or nosc!minix-server .  Include in the
message, either among the header fields or the body, a line like:

and after that a line or lines naming desired files e.g.:

send compatibility
send SUBJECTS
send 1180@botter.cs.vu.nl

to get an automatic mailed reply.
Your mail address should look something like one of these examples:

you@stolaf.uucp
cs.vu.nl!giant@seismo.css.gov
person%utoronto.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu
user%ulowell.csnet@relay.cs.net
honcho%durham.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa    .

E-mail is not free; abuse of the system will cause bad karma.
Contents may have settled during shipment.

Vincent Broman,  code 632, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA 92152, USA
Phone: +1 619 225 2365    Internet: broman@nosc.mil   Uucp: sdcsvax!nosc!broman

Glen Overby
Bitnet: nu070156@ndsuvm1
uucp: ihnp4!psuvax1!ndsuvm1.bitnet!ncoverby