[comp.os.minix] Mouse Problems

ericr@ipmoea.UUCP (Eric Roskos) (10/22/87)

Bing H. Bang at Lanier writes:

> i had this problem with my mouse before i made my com port drivers.
> the problem is very simple; the mouse being connected to a serial port,
> gives off com port interrupts 11 or 12 and since minix does not have a
> handler for these interrupts, they produce the generic error about
> unknown interrupts. several solutions:

I forgot to mention in my posting, this is a "Bus" mouse that is causing
the problem (i.e., it has its own interface card, & you can set the
interrupt to use with a jumper).  I don't *think* the mouse interrupts
if you don't move it (does it? Unfortunately it doesn't come with any
hardware documentation).  It looks like this is a more subtle bug than
that; I had thought maybe the mouse driver enabled something in the
mouse card which was causing periodic interrupts, but so far I haven't
found any evidence to support or refute that idea.