[comp.os.minix] Minix on PC's Limited 286

mmdf@udel.UUCP (11/25/87)

Hi,

  I am a Comp Sci major and will soon be using Minix for a class.  I have a
PC's Limited 286-8 AT compatible and would like to know if the version of
Minix for the AT will run on it.  My Prof. has warned me that there might be
compatibilty problems.  I would hate to shell out $80 and find out that it
didn't work.

Thanks in advance...

Benjamin Badger
University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH
Bitnet: B_BADGER@UNHH

tsl@netsys.UUCP (Tom Livingston) (11/27/87)

In article <742@louie.udel.EDU> B_BADGER%UNHH.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>  I am a Comp Sci major and will soon be using Minix for a class.  I have a
>PC's Limited 286-8 AT compatible and would like to know if the version of
>Minix for the AT will run on it.  My Prof. has warned me that there might be
>Benjamin Badger
>University of New Hampshire
>Durham, NH
>Bitnet: B_BADGER@UNHH

	I currently run minix 1.1 on an 8mhz 0 wait state Z-248 AT clone.
I haven't expirienced any problems with it, which might say that it
would work on the PC's limited, but nothing in life is ever given.  I believe
a compatibility list was posted some time ago.  If you can't find it,
I can mail you it and/or wether it says it will or will not work.

                                                  /
                                              (_/ (_) / / / <_ Livingston
                                              { decuac,ihnp4 }!netsys!tsl