[comp.os.minix] AWK/sed revisited

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (11/30/87)

In article <1741@netsys.UUCP> beattie@netsys.UUCP (Brian Beattie) writes:

>I have seen several references to versions of awk and sed
>running under minix.  I would like very much to get a copy...

I will send you a copy.  However, they are not completely V7 compatible
and not entirely bug free.  At the very least, calls to exit(n) should be
replaced to calls to quit(n), which itself calls _cleanup before calling
exit(n).

If there are any kind souls out there who would like to give sed and awk
a thorough testing and change them as needed to make them more V7 compatible,
that would be greatly appreciated.  I can send copies to anyone who doesn't
have them and can't get them easily from the archive.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)