[comp.os.minix] Minix on PS/2s

hrh@well.UUCP (Harry Henderson) (12/20/87)

Has anyone gotten Minix working on the IBM PS/2 (model 50 or
higher)? Any plans to support it officially?
--
The opinions expressed are my own, but you're welcome to share them.
Harry Henderson (freelance technical editor/writer).

bishop@ecsvax.UUCP (Alan Bishop) (12/21/87)

In article <4781@well.UUCP> hrh@well.UUCP (Harry Henderson) writes:
>Has anyone gotten Minix working on the IBM PS/2 (model 50 or
>higher)?

I am working on it (model 60) and have a three person mailing list of
others who are interested.  I will add you to it.

So far, I have MINIX up and running with floppy only.  I have rewritten the
floppy driver to use BIOS calls, so the system waits while the floppy is
being serviced.  However, later AT and all PS/2 BIOSes have hooks to deal
with this, so these will eventually be put in.  I just redid the hard disk
driver last night, but for some reason the system hangs whenever a read is
attempted.  I'll be looking into this over the next few days.

Although the fixes are in no really distributable form right now, if you or
anyone needs them now, I can send you some quick fixes to at least get you
running.  I probably will post the BIOS drivers when I get everything
running, and then again when the busy-wait hooks have been put in.

alan