[comp.os.minix] Alternate cc for 680x0.

Chizmadia@dockmaster.arpa (David M Chizmadia) (12/23/87)

> I'm now considering starting over with a 68020/68851 combination or
> 68030.  (what a wimp, right?) Either way I will eventually need a cc
> which generates 680x0 code.
>
>                                                       Dan Dietrich
>                                                       ...!ihnp4!tellab5!dpd
>                                                       dpd@tellab5.UUCP

    If you're looking for a 680x0 compiler with (relatively) no costs
attached, you might want to look into GNU CC.  As you can tell from the
name, it is a product of Richard Stallman and the Free Software
Foundation and is in fact the compiler that he wrote to write GNU
itself.  I haven't used it myself, but I understand that it is a very
efficient compiler.  If you have any access to ARPA net, it resides on
prep.ai.mit.edu.  You can also try calling or writing to the FSF.  I
would give you the snail address, but I can't find it quickly.  I have
found a uucp site that carries all the software and that is listed
below.  Good luck with your work.

Dave Chizmadia
Chizmadia @ DOCKMASTER.ARPA

Disclaimer:  The opinions and data expressed above are my understanding
of reality and have no explicit connect with those of my employer.

Request:  Please do not yell at me via this list about my mentioning the
'G' product!!  I am just trying to help someone with a problem.  I have
no intent and see no need to debate the relative merits of GNU and MINIX
on this list.

                   UUCP GNU SOFTWARE DITRIBUTION SITE

Subject:  GNU software available on osu-eddie via UUCP
From: bob@ohio-state.ARPA@prep.ai.mit.edu

          Yesterday, I posted instructions  to comp.sources.d describing
how to  get various FSF  software via UUCP   from osu-eddie.  Software
available here includes Emacs, Bison, Scheme, Chess, and GCC.
          If there is anyone on info-gnu who needs to use UUCP to get to
us (rather  than FTP to  get to prep), and who  doesn't have access to
comp.sources.d (a pretty small set, one assumes), please send  me mail
and I'll get you the complete instructions by mail.
------
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@ohio-state.{arpa,csnet} or ...!cb{osgd,att}!osu-eddie!bob
 (614)292-7348 (office) or -0915 (operators) or -7325 (answering machine)