[comp.os.minix] Minix on pdp-11?

eric@spock.UUCP (Eric Volpe) (12/09/87)

--
Am I in the wrong department or is it possible that there might be
a minix port for a PDP-11/34? I have been reading this group for
a while now and seem to recall a discussion (and associated flames)
about a PDP-11/55. Please, I don't mean to start up this discussion
again, but could someone let me know if such a thing exists? If
it does, and someone has it on floppies or 800 bpi tape could we
trade/whatever tapes or floppies (rx01)? I really don't care what
dec disk it wants since I am looking for one to buy now anyway.
Thanks a lot!

					...decvax!yale!spock!eric
Eric Volpe - 42 October Hill Rd, Hamden, CT 06518 ...decvax!yale!spock!eric
(203) 281-0690, (203) 269-7722 ext. 470          ...attmail!3bee2!volpe

BECKER%HUMBER.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Bruce Becker) (12/16/87)

I also have a PDP 11/34 that could use a dose of MINIX (or failing that,
a port of BDS 2.29 or other UNIX(r)) - anyone got suggestions, please?

Tahnks, Bruce Becker     Humber College       Etobicoke, Ont.

guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP (visitors) (12/27/87)

In article <834@louie.udel.EDU> BECKER%HUMBER.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Bruce Becker) writes:
>I also have a PDP 11/34 that could use a dose of MINIX (or failing that,
>a port of BDS 2.29 or other UNIX(r)) - anyone got suggestions, please?

I am also quite interested in the above for a PDP 11/23 that isn't doing too
much aside from being a rather large nick-nack.

| Mark Schaffer        | BITNET: 164485913@vuvaxcom                          |
| Villanova University | UUCP:   ...{ihnp4!psuvax1,burdvax,cbmvax,pyrnj,bpa} |
| (Go Wildcats!)       |           !vu-vlsi!excalibur!164485913              |

  please respond/reply to the above addresses and not to guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP

lacasse%rondo@rand-unix.arpa (01/06/88)

RE:
    From: visitors <vu-vlsi!guest@rand-unix.ARPA>
    Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
    Subject: Re: Minix on pdp-11?
    Date: 27 Dec 87 03:37:03 GMT
    To: info-minix@UDEL.EDU

    In article <834@louie.udel.EDU> BECKER%HUMBER.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Bruce Becker) writes:
    >I also have a PDP 11/34 that could use a dose of MINIX (or failing that,
    >a port of BDS 2.29 or other UNIX(r)) - anyone got suggestions, please?

    I am also quite interested in the above for a PDP 11/23 that isn't
    doing too much aside from being a rather large nick-nack.
      Mark Schaffer        | BITNET: 164485913@vuvaxcom                          |

All you folks who are interested in MINIX and UNIX on old PDP-11's, please
send me mail directly.

    Mark LaCasse                  qantel!hplabs!sdcrdcf!randvax!lacasse
    c/o The Rand Corporation       cbosgd!ihnp4!sdcrdcf!randvax!lacasse
    1700 Main Street                             decvax!randvax!lacasse
    Santa Monica, CA 90406
      213/393-0411  ext. 7420     lacasse@Rand-Unix

wcs@ho95e.ATT.COM (Bill.Stewart) (01/09/88)

In article <937@louie.udel.EDU> lacasse%rondo@rand-unix.arpa writes:
:All you folks who are interested in MINIX and UNIX on old PDP-11's, please
:send me mail directly.
:    Mark LaCasse                  qantel!hplabs!sdcrdcf!randvax!lacasse
:    c/o The Rand Corporation       cbosgd!ihnp4!sdcrdcf!randvax!lacasse

I was interested, and tried to reply.  (Please post/mail if you find
anything; my 11/23+ is currently acting as a terminal table :-)

The reason I'm posting here, and cross-posting to news.admin, is that
when I tried to reply, "rn" used the "Path:" line, which was
	....!rutgers!princeton!udel!mmdf

I know Path: lines are news paths and not mail paths, but how did this
happen?  Did Mark send mail to an MMDF server, or is this NNTP's doing?
--
#				Thanks;
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G218, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs