[comp.os.minix] Minix 1.2 Misc.

Chuck_M_Grandgent@cup.portal.com (04/22/88)

Item 1)  To those who responded to my request for help for whom
Portal can't find a way to reply to the messages (strange pathing).
Especially Andy Tanenbaum who sent me a replacement EGA driver to
fix the scrolling problem... <<<thanks>>> I tried to reply but got
mail returned....
Item 2)  I saw someplace, but for the life of me can't remember where,
something about MINIX not automatically flushing stdout from programs,
but I don't remember the details.  There was some routine to call
to ensure stdout was flushed.  Does this ring a bell with anyone ?
I'm asking because with the MINIX SED stuff I picked up on Compuserve,
it works, but the last few lines (variable #) of each member of a shell
archive are missing.  The debugging trace indicates all lines processed,
but final output lines not flushed.   Any help appreciated.
Item 3)  sorry for trivia, but I'm VERY PLEASED so far with MINIX
compatibility and functionality.  Kudos to Msr. Andy Tanenbaum et al.
.... chuck_m_grandgent@cup.portal.com

joss@ur-tut (Josh Sirota) (04/26/88)

In article <4678@cup.portal.com> Chuck_M_Grandgent@cup.portal.com writes:
>Especially Andy Tanenbaum who sent me a replacement EGA driver to
>fix the scrolling problem... <<<thanks>>>

Ahhh, I KNEW there must be a fix ...  does this fix by chance also fix the
Tecmar card which has the same symptoms?  If so ... could someone send me
a copy of the new driver?  (If this is the driver that comes with 1.2 ...
oh well, it doesn't fix the Tecmar card).

Josh
--
Josh Sirota
INTERNET: joss@tut.cc.rochester.edu          BITNET: joss_ss@uordbv.bitnet