[comp.os.minix] BITNET mail follows

galvin@udel.UUCP (06/15/87)

Date:         Mon, 15 Jun 1987 08:33:22 EDT
From:         Phil Benchoff <BENCHOFF@VTVM1>
To:           MINIX-L@NDSUVM1

Here is a summary of the answers I got to the questions I posted last
week:

- Info-MINIX@LOUIE.UDEL.EDU is now a relay of the Usnet group comp.os.minix.
  I have not found a source of archives yet.
- login.c was omitted from the distribution. AST posted the source to
  comp.os.minix and someone forwarded it to me.  If there is enough interest,
  I will forward it to the list.

Thanks,
Phil
James M Galvin

info-minix@udel.UUCP (06/17/87)

Vincent Broman at NOSC said he was running an archive server.  Did you miss
that?
Andy Tanenbaum

ESC1332@ESOC (K.Keyte) (07/03/87)

Has anyone got a device driver for RS232 for Minix yet? I'm sure such a
thing must already be around since it's the only reasonable way to attempt
to get multi-terminals hooked up to a PC.

In fact, what non-supplied drivers has anyone got or heard of..before I
go ahead and start trying to re-design the wheel?

Karl.

GAKUMAR%MTUS5.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (05/07/88)

Date: 6 May 1988, 15:22:15 EST
From: GAKUMAR at MTUS5
To:   INFO-MINIX at UDEL.EDU
Subject : MINIX file system as a file server.

    Has anybody tried setting up the MINIX fs as a network file server
on another machine ? If yes how do I find more information on it ?

| G.KUMAR,                                                              |
| ELECTRICAL ENGG,                     GAKUMAR@MTUS5.BITNET             |
| MICHIGAN TECH UNIVERSITY.            VOICE- (906)-482-8310            |
|                                      RES - 903,JASPER AVE,            |
|                                            APT #4,                    |
|                                            HOUGHTON, MI - 49931.      |
LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF A HAPPY HOUR.

JJHUGHES%MTUS5.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (05/19/88)

Date: 18 May 1988, 14:35:06 EST
From: Joe Hughes                                              JJHUGHES at MTUS5
To:   INFO-MINIX at UDEL.EDU

Has anyone ported Minix to an IBM PS/2 Model 30.  I am interested in
moving minix to a system like this.  Can anyone help.

Joe Hughes
MTUS5 (JJHUGHES@MTUS5)