[net.unix-wizards] kernel: clist code question

dan@BBN-UNIX@sri-unix (05/27/82)

From: Dan Franklin <dan@BBN-UNIX>
Date: 26 Apr 1982 11:19:54 EDT (Monday)
Some of the V7 UNIX prim.c routines, in particular ndqb and ndflush,
apparently implement a different kind of clist in which c_cf and c_cl,
rather than pointing to a list of cblocks, point to a single contiguous
block of storage not obtained from cfreelist. In this mode, c_cc is negative.
I don't know why none of the other prim.c routines appear to handle this
case--in particular getc and q_to_b. But most of the routines appear to
have been changed to at least treat such a clist as though it were empty.
It really has the look of something partially implemented, and I don't
know of any kernel code that uses it; does anyone else?