[comp.os.minix] Minix v1.2 - Answers?

gis@datlog.co.uk ( Ian Stewartson ) (05/26/88)

In article <2781@im4u.UUCP> bunda@im4u.UUCP (John Bunda) writes:
>In article <736@ast.cs.vu.nl>, ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
>> Use ELLE.  It is a major subset of Emacs and is already in the archive.
>                                                                 ^^^^^^^
>> A fix for EGA cards was posted.  See the archive.
>                                           ^^^^^^^
>I'm sorry if this is a naive and often asked question, but where can I
>get my greedy paws on this archive?  We only have the last 20 postings
>here locally, is there a (maybe compressed tar?) file I can ftp from
>somewhere?  Thanks!

Can someone also tell me.  We don't have ftp here.

With reference to the other points, I have now resolved in the MINED problem
by using the 1.2 library malloc functions instead of the ones in MINED.  I
have also included the diffs in a separate message for kernel/clock.c and
cmd/date.c for using the Real Time clock on an AT.  These changes also work
on a PC in the sense that the Real Time clock is ignored.  I look at the pc_at
flag.

Just as a minor point, one of reason for reporting the problem with EMACS was
the compiler problem.  Further to that, how should these problems be reported.

Thanks for the help.

Ian Stewartson
Data Logic Ltd, Queens House, Greenhill Way, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1YR, UK.
(Phone) +44 1 863 0383 (Telex) 888103 (Fax) +44 1 861 2010
(Network) gis@datlog.co.uk or ukc!datlog!gis