[comp.os.minix] Help with 1.3 libc.a

nwc@cunixc.columbia.edu (Nick Christopher) (06/09/88)

I applied all the 1.3 lib difs without looking at them carefully and I now
have some backwards references in libc.a which cause unresolved externals.
Could someone send me an "ar t /usr{/lib}/libc.a"  so that I can get the
correct ordering.

\n
--
		"I am the Lorvax. I speak for the machines."
nwc%cunixc@columbia, columbia!cunixc!nwc  BITNET: nwcus@cuvma

ncoverby@ndsuvax.UUCP (Glen Overby) (06/14/88)

In article <716@cunixc.columbia.edu> nwc@cunixc.columbia.edu (The Lorvax) writes:
>I applied all the 1.3 lib difs without looking at them carefully and I now
>have some backwards references in libc.a which cause unresolved externals.

>Could someone send me an "ar t /usr{/lib}/libc.a"  so that I can get the
>correct ordering.

Here's the 'orig.order' file which 'lib/run' gave me to build a new
libc.a last time I ran it.  Since upgrading from 1.2, whose library I
finally got ordered using our BSD Unix VAX, I have found a *few* unresolved
references.  Caveat Emptor.  If you're still running the 1.1 C compiler,
your CPP won't handle nested macros, so putchar(c) will give you an
undefined _putc.  The 'lorder' and 'tsort' routines posted for Minix should
do an even better job with this, but I haven't brought those up yet.
I hope this helps...

[note: several lines have been manually wrapped to avoid problems with some
 mail systems.  Any line not beginning with 'ar q' should be appended to the
 previous line]

ar q libc.a abort.s
ar q libc.a abs.s access.s atol.s brk2.s chdir.s chmod.s chown.s
ar q libc.a chroot.s crypt.s ctime.s ctype.s dup.s fprintf.s fread.s
ar q libc.a freopen.s fseek.s ftell.s fwrite.s getegid.s geteuid.s getgid.s
getgrent.s
ar q libc.a getpass.s getpwent.s atoi.s gets.s getuid.s getutil.s gtty.s
isatty.s
ar q libc.a fstat.s itoa.s kill.s link.s mknod.s mktemp.s getpid.s mount.s
ar q libc.a perror.s popen.s fdopen.s dup2.s pipe.s printk.s prints.s puts.s
fputs.s
ar q libc.a qsort.s rand.s regexp.s index.s regsub.s rindex.s scanf.s setbuf.s
ar q libc.a setgid.s setuid.s sleep.s alarm.s pause.s signal.s catchsig.s
sprintf.s
ar q libc.a doprintf.s putc.s stat.s stb.s stderr.s stime.s strcat.s strncat.s
ar q libc.a strncpy.s stty.s ioctl.s sync.s syslib.s system.s exec.s fork.s
ar q libc.a termcap.s fclose.s close.s fgets.s fopen.s creat.s getc.s
ar q libc.a getenv.s crtso.s end.s lseek.s malloc.s bcopy.s brk.s brksize.s
ar q libc.a open.s printdat.s read.s strcmp.s strcpy.s strlen.s strncmp.s time.s
ar q libc.a times.s umask.s umount.s ungetc.s exit.s cleanup.s fflush.s head.s
unlink.s utime.s
ar q libc.a wait.s write.s call.s sendrec.s message.s adi.s and.s cii.s
ar q libc.a cms.s cmu4.s com.s csa2.s csb2.s cuu.s .dup.s dvi.s
ar q libc.a dvi4.s dvu.s dvu4.s exg.s fakfp.s gto.s iaar.s ilar.s
ar q libc.a inn.s ior.s isar.s lar2.s loi.s mli.s mli4.s ngi.s
ar q libc.a nop.s rck.s rmi.s rmi4.s rmu.s rmu4.s rol.s ror.s
ar q libc.a sar2.s sbi.s set.s sli.s sri.s sti.s xor.s error.s
ar q libc.a unknown.s trp.s setjmp.s csv.s
--
Glen Overby
Bitnet:  ncoverby@ndsuvax

rlh2@eagle.ukc.ac.uk (Richard Hesketh) (06/16/88)

In article <716@cunixc.columbia.edu> nwc@cunixc.columbia.edu (Nick Christopher) writes:
>Could someone send me an "ar t /usr{/lib}/libc.a"  so that I can get the
>correct ordering.

Could someone post a list to the net? Please.

Richard
--
Richard Hesketh: rlh2@ukc.ac.uk
---