[net.unix-wizards] Found on USENET

mike@BRL@sri-unix (05/28/82)

From:     Michael Muuss <mike@BRL>
Date:     29 Apr 82 4:43:03-EDT (Thu)
>From duke!mcnc!ach Thu Apr 1 10:09:59 1982
Subject: Hardware Upgrade
Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards

Several friends of mine recently sent me a letter
that sounds like it is of great interest to the
Unix community.  Their company is not yet ready to
make any official statements but I think it is clear
who they are talking about.

	The rumors of marketing imposed limitations on their
	less powerful 32 bit mini appear to be true. Our prototype
	has obtained a 1.5 times increase in raw speed over
	their current top line mini.  It is commonly known that
	their smaller machine has a much cleaner and inherently
	faster implementation.  The changes are based on some
	simple modifications of the clocking circuits and a
	minor rewrite of some sections of the microcode.

This was just part of a (US Mail) letter from Sing Yad, Gus Loof,
and Sri Lirpa.  They work for AFD Inc. of Santa Monica, Ca. which
is thinking about marketing the upgrade.  They will soon have an
ARPA mail address but until then I try to keep everyone posted.

			Alan Hui