[comp.os.minix] Minix for the ST???

jagdis@sage.cs.reading.ac.uk (Mike Jagdis) (06/25/88)

Since noone has mentioned this for a while I thought I would throw it
in and see what happens...

Whatever happened to Minix for the ST? Does it exist? Is it still being
ported? Has it been abandoned?

     _ _ _              ___                       Dept. Comp. Sci.
    ' ) ) )   /        (   >            /         University of Reading
     / / / o /_  _      __/___.  _,  __/ o _      Reading
    / ' (_<_/ <_</_    / / (_/|_(_)_(_/_<_/_)_    England
                      <_/        /|

    JANET : jagdis@sage.cs.reading.ac.uk
    ARPA  : jagdis@sage.cs.reading.ac.uk@ukc

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (06/30/88)

In article <924@onion.cs.reading.ac.uk> jagdis@sage.cs.reading.ac.uk (Mike Jagdis) writes:
>Whatever happened to Minix for the ST? Does it exist? Is it still being
>ported? Has it been abandoned?

To the contrary!  It is finished and has been sent to Prentice-Hall for
reproduction.  I will make an announcement when we get closer to the
time that it will be available.  I don't want to say too much too far in
advance because people will then call P-H and the people who answer the
phones don't know anything about it yet and the caller says P-H is all
screwed up etc etc.  If all goes on schedule, it should be available
sometime in September.  Again, I will announce it well in advance, when we
get a shipping date that is solid.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)
--
Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

jsp@sp7040.UUCP (John Peters) (06/30/88)

In article <924@onion.cs.reading.ac.uk<^>, jagdis@sage.cs.reading.ac.uk (Mike Jagdis) writes:
<^>
<^> Since noone has mentioned this for a while I thought I would throw it
<^> in and see what happens...
<^>
<^> Whatever happened to Minix for the ST? Does it exist? Is it still being
<^> ported? Has it been abandoned?
<^>
<^>
	Last I heard (I think sometime about the first of may or so) ST/MINIX
had been sent to Prentise Hall.  I have heard nothing about wether they have
released it or not.  I would sure like to know also.

					--  Johnnie  --