[net.unix-wizards] Compilers for Various UNIX implementations

rturner@Darcom-HQ@sri-unix (05/28/82)

From:      Richard Turner <rturner@Darcom-HQ>
Date:      27 Apr 82 13:43:22-EDT (Tue)
We are currently running a V6/PWB UNIX on our PDP-11/70, and have several
ONYX Z-8000 running Interactive System's IS/1 UNIX V7 <look-a-like>. We will
soon have another 11/70 running UNIX III. In the not too distant future, we
will have a couple of VAXEN running some flavor of the Berkley UNIX.

I am looking for recommendations for a good PASCAL compiler(s) and something
for COBOL on these systems. I am also interested in PASCAL for the IBM
370/43xx architectures (I'm not sure what the software environment will be
here), and for PASCAL, FORTRAN, and COBOL for the Honeywell Level 6. If UNIX
operating systems are available or in the works for these, as well as the
Perkin-Elmer hardware, I'd also like to hear about them and the tools
mentioned above which are supported.

Apologies for not being too specific here, and for asking for the sky. I'm
trying to respond to questions from Headquarters staff types.

Please send responses to me, since this may not be of general interest to the
group.

Richard Turner
USADARCOM Logistic Systems Support Activity
(rturner at Darcom-HQ)