[comp.os.minix] Minix 1.3 Installation

mclauss@enlog.Wichita.NCR.COM (Mark Clauss) (07/01/88)

I purchased books and source for minix 1.1. I am now trying
to install minix 1.3 which I downloaded from the net.

Is the 1.3 source posted on the net formatted as differences
from 1.1 or 1.2, or is it complete?

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (07/04/88)

In article <288@enlog.Wichita.NCR.COM> mclauss@enlog.Wichita.NCR.COM (Mark Clauss) writes:
>Is the 1.3 source posted on the net formatted as differences
>from 1.1 or 1.2, or is it complete?

It is diffs against 1.2, but I made up diffs against 1.1 as well and sent
them to Vincent Broman and Glen Overby for inclusion in their archives.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)
--
Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

mike@cs.keele.ac.uk (Mike Green) (07/06/88)

In article <288@enlog.Wichita.NCR.COM>, mclauss@enlog.Wichita.NCR.COM (Mark Clauss) writes:
> I purchased books and source for minix 1.1. I am now trying
> to install minix 1.3 which I downloaded from the net.

I'm new to the net and would appreciate info about where I can
obtain/download a copy of minix 1.3. I'm also looking for this to
work via a 3c501 board on our site to reach our microvax gateway machine.

Any ideas?

mike@kl.cs