[comp.os.minix] v1.1 to v1.3 diffs on bugs.nosc.mil

broman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Vincent P. Broman) (07/20/88)

The differences between v1.1 and v1.3 of Minix, as far as ast
has made them available to me, are now archived on bugs.nosc.mil
for anonymous FTP or minix-server access.  The names of the files are:

diff1.1-1.3com1
diff1.1-1.3com2
diff1.1-1.3lib1
diff1.1-1.3lib2
diff1.1-1.3perror   .

By the way, does anyone ReAlLy know the version number of the initial
release of Minix?  It announced itself as "Minix 1.0" when it booted,
but common parlance refers to v1.1 as the first version.  Version 1.2
was the first updated version.

Vincent Broman,  code 632, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA 92152, USA
Phone: +1 619 553 1641    Internet: broman@nosc.mil   Uucp: sdcsvax!nosc!broman

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (07/21/88)

In article <1162@cod.NOSC.MIL> broman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Vincent P. Broman) writes:
>By the way, does anyone ReAlLy know the version number of the initial
>release of Minix?

I was kind of sloppy.  The version in the book was 1.0.
The first distribution from P-H was slightly different from the book, and
was 1.1.  I forgot to update the message in bootblok.s.  Sorry for the
confusion.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

woodman@suvax1.UUCP (David Woodman) (07/22/88)

In article <1162@cod.NOSC.MIL>, broman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Vincent P. Broman) writes:
> The differences between v1.1 and v1.3 of Minix, as far as ast
> has made them available to me, are now archived on bugs.nosc.mil
> for anonymous FTP or minix-server access.  The names of the files are:

 Anonymous FTP access to bugs.nosc.mil ?  Have you tried lately or am I
 doing soemthing seriously wrong ?  I can get at any other system
 (louie.udel.edu, simtel20, etc)  but bugs does not fly.
 BTW -  Is Louie using a different compress in its  tar.Z ?
 everything I get from them is garbage.  Have you ever seen a 2 meg file
 uncompress to 22 meg of unreadable garbage ?   Lotsafun.  :-)

 David Woodman		UUCP:    ...!uw-entropy!dataio!suvax1!woodman
 Seattle University	USNail:  P.O. Box 23202, Seattle WA 98102
 			Phone:	 (206) 223-9470