[comp.os.minix] Seagate 80Mb disk

ncoverby@ndsuvax.UUCP (Glen Overby) (08/25/88)

In article <8808220934.AA22471@decwrl.dec.com> verkade@marvin.dec.com (Herman Verkade, 830-3367, REO2-F/D9) writes:
> [ ... ] It seems that it was posted
> before the archives on NDSUVM1 started archiving.

We've got two archives on NDSUVM1: MINIX and MINIX-L.  MINIX is manually
maintained (by me) of (hopefully) worthwhile changes and additions to the
current Minix version, and updates.  The 1.2 to 1.3 diffs have taken up just
about all the space I've got there, so MINIX-L might be a better resource.
After we get a good number of fixes / enhancements for 1.3, I'll start
replacing the update files with them.

The other archive is from the Bitnet equivalent of Comp.os.minix,
MINIX-L.  This archive contains every message sent to the group since
about February '87 -- before many people even had the 1.1 disks!  You can
search the MINIX-L archive with the listserv database commands (I don't have
an example handy, but it's command syntax was copied from IBM JCL -- yuk!).
Maybe I'll add an example to the Minix Information Sheet next month. Maybe.

By the way, NDSUVM1.BITNET is now vm1.NoDak.EDU on the Internet.  FTP in
as 'anonymous' password must be 'guest'.  But this is an IBM meanframe,
so you're probably better off FTPing to bugs.nosc.mil.
--
Glen Overby
ncoverby@plains.nodak.edu, uunet!ndsuvax!ncoverby