[comp.os.minix] printer.c

75008378%VAX2.NIHED.IE@cunyvm.cuny.edu (09/14/88)

Robert Hall <hall@TROUT.NOSC.MIL> writes:

> My experience with Barry McMullin printer driver was
> That he developed it for version 1.2 and I am running
> version 1.3.  As such the first time I tried piping
> output into lpr it locked up my computer printing
> interrupt 6 error messages on the screen.  Anyone
> on the net willing to debug this driver for version 1.3?

So much for my hope that making it run under V1.3 would
be fairly "trivial".  I still havn't a V1.3, so I can't tackle it
right now myself - sorry. If anyone else wants to take a look,
I suggest the lock()/unlock() calls might be a good place to
start - I have a vague notion that, somewhere in the
discussion of V1.3, there was talk of changing/replacing
these routines? (these calls wern't in the V1.2 printer driver - which
is, more or less, why it had problems).

Has anyone tried the driver on any MINIX version/hardware that worked?

Barry McMullin, NIHED, Dublin, IRELAND.
<MCMULLINB@VAX2.NIHED.IE>