[comp.os.minix] STB expanded memory

tholm@uvicctr.UUCP (Terrence W. Holm) (10/05/88)

> From: chasm@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Charles Marslett)
> Subject: Re: MINIX expanded memory
>
> The STB Memory Companion is a very simple EMS card (like the original Intel
> card) -- it has one of 4 base addresses . . .
>                      . . .   The frame buffer is set using switches on the
> board (usually at 0xD000:0x0000).  To enable a page . . .

This looks exactly like the symptoms I found on the Intel Above
Board, so if any of my expanded memory beta testers have an STB card around
please try it.

(Note that my software also handles the newer hardware which
allows relocation of the ``frame buffer'' - but that should not
cause any problems with this older design.)

			Terrence W. Holm
			  uw-beaver!uvicctr!tholm