[comp.os.minix] MINIX for the ST?

hysell@kodak.UUCP (john hysell) (09/29/88)

I have been traveling, and may have missed
the formal announcement, so forgive in advance...
Is the Atari ST version of MINIX available yet?  If I call
PH, will they have the product ready to order?  I have seen a number
of postings (Howard Chu, et al.) who seem to have access to an ST
release; is is BETA or customer ready?
(Thanks in advance for knowledgeable replies...
-John

wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) (09/30/88)

In article <1438@kodak.UUCP>, hysell@kodak.UUCP (john hysell) writes:
> Is the Atari ST version of MINIX available yet?
> (Thanks in advance for knowledgeable replies...)

I mentioned in a posting a few weeks ago that I had already sent in my
order for ST Minix, just to see what would happen.  Well, I got a notice
from Prentice Hall yesterday.  It says:

	The book [sic] "Minix for the Atari ST" is not
	available at this time but should be shipped in November.

(This is from memory, so any mistakes are mine.) I think the computer
calls this a book because that is what Prentice Hall really does when
they're not selling computer programs.  :-) What do computers know,
anyway.

ST Minix is coming! ST Minix is coming!
--
     Gerry Wheeler                           Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!wheels

jangr@microsoft.UUCP (Jan Gray) (10/03/88)

In article <514@mks.UUCP> wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) writes:
>order for ST Minix, just to see what would happen.  Well, I got a notice
>from Prentice Hall yesterday.  It says:
>
>	The book [sic] "Minix for the Atari ST" is not
>	available at this time but should be shipped in November.

I talked to Jim Segen(?) at PH and he said the November date was associated
with the copyright date(?), and the real ST Minix release date was "the first
or second week in October".  The order number is 013584391.

Jan Gray  uunet!microsoft!jangr  Microsoft Corp., Redmond Wash.  206-882-8080

billd@Apple.COM (William Dorsey) (10/06/88)

In article <114@microsoft.UUCP> jangr@microsoft.UUCP (Jan Gray) writes:
>In article <514@mks.UUCP> wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) writes:
>>order for ST Minix, just to see what would happen.  Well, I got a notice
>>from Prentice Hall yesterday.  It says:
>>
>>	The book [sic] "Minix for the Atari ST" is not
>>	available at this time but should be shipped in November.
>
>I talked to Jim Segen(?) at PH and he said the November date was associated
>with the copyright date(?), and the real ST Minix release date was "the first
>or second week in October".  The order number is 013584391.

Does anyone know the definitive method of ordering ST Minix?  Assuming the
above order number is correct, how about a telephone number to call at
Prentice Hall?  Also, do I need anything other than the Minix book, and the
ST software release?

Bill Dorsey   (billd@apple.com)