[comp.os.minix] new console.c just posted

phil@june.cs.washington.edu (Phil Nelson) (10/15/88)

I just got the new console.c (version 1.3d?) and found that the
version 1.1 code generator aborts with the following line:

  "Error: bad argument type 244"

Any help in getting around this problem?
  (Yes, I plan to buy the official 1.3 from PH and get the better
   compiler, but is there any way to get this working before
   1.3 becomes available from PH?)

Thanks.

bob@dhw68k.cts.com (Bob Best) (10/21/88)

In article <6084@june.cs.washington.edu> phil@june.cs.washington.edu (Phil Nelson) writes:
>I just got the new console.c (version 1.3d?) and found that the
>version 1.1 code generator aborts with the following line:
>
>  "Error: bad argument type 244"

I encountered the same problem.  I was unable to locate the offending
statement in the diff output with the previous console.c which compiled
without error.  What in the world is 'bad argument type 244' and what
line is it occurring at?  Are Phil and I the only people using the 1.1
compiler?!!!  If so, where can I obtain the full 1.2 version?

Bob
--
Bob Best
uucp: ...{trwrb,hplabs}!felix!dhw68k!bob	InterNet: bob@dhw68k.cts.com